Dragon Boat Festival
Date: 1st September 2018, 10:30 am.
Join See Change and take part in an adrenaline fueled team event and help to transform people’s lives for the better.
By taking part, your team will;
- Provide victims of domestic violence with specialist help that they deserve to overcome physical and mental abuse;
- Enable local vulnerable people to sleep, knowing they are warm and safe in our Bristol and South Gloucestershire supported housing projects and night hostel in Bath;
- Support men and women people to break free of addiction though our Bristol based addiction recovery project;
- Enable local people to achieve hands on work experience and accredited training through our social enterprises, supporting them to move closer to their employment goals.
See Change Team registration is £365. Between each team member this only works out at a little above £21.00 to take part, and with every rower raising £100 in sponsorship the money your team raise will give vulnerable people a better quality of life.
To enter the event as a Charity Partner please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Total entrance fees are £465
Please get in touch for more information. Closing dates for applications is 31st May 2018
The event is FREE to attend as a spectator, please invite friends and family to come and watch the racing. There will also be a selection of street food at the event and activities for all the family.
- Short heats take place throughout the day as teams compete for the fastest time, resulting in one final race.
- Paddlers must be aged 16 or over and crews need to have 16 paddlers (plus a drummer) to race in Chinese-style Dragon Boats over a 250-metre course.
- If you have more than 17 in your team, this is fine but you will need to take it in turns as maximum boat capacity is 17- you could always consider having two boats!
- Crews do not need to be super fit or skilled – it is all about teamwork and having fun!
- Dragon Boat racing is steeped in mythology and has been around for many thousands of years in China.
- The racing is run by leading events company Dragon Boat Events Ltd who provide the boats, helms, safety equipment, buoyancy aids and rescue boats.
We ask that each team member aims to raise £100 each, raising a total of £1700 per team for See Change.
Each team is encouraged to arrange an ‘on the day activity’ of your choice. This can be anything from face painting to wellie-boot throwing, giant jenga to balloon modelling. This will create exciting and varied activities on the day for the teams to enjoy and for spectators to participate in too. It will also help your team to raise addition funds on the day that will go towards your teams suggested fundraising target for See Change. Of course, team fancy dress is a must!
Throughout the day there are an array of activities and stalls organised by the teams including;
- Face painting
- Hook the duck to name a few.
The event is a FREE to attend as a spectator, please invite friends and family to come and watch the racing and the activities planned throughout the day.