SeeChange work with clients recovering from addiction and reintegrating back into society following time in prison. Our client group are affected by a range of issues including trauma, homelessness, offending behaviour and addiction which act as barriers preventing them from leading sustainable and independent lives. We are looking for professional counsellors who could volunteer their expertise to help our clients work with some of these barriers. You would be fully supported by our Casework Coordinator with option to have travel expenses reimbursed.
- Able to work and communicate with people from all backgrounds
- Warm, open and empathetic, able to gain people’s trust and help them feel relaxed
- Patient, tolerant and sensitive with an impartial, non-judgmental attitude
- Trustworthy and discreet, with a good sense of personal integrity and ethics
- Resilient and self-aware with the ability to examine your own thoughts and values and understand your limitations
- A qualified counsellor able to work with clients presenting complex issues.
What you will do:
- Set up regular meetings with clients we recommend
Applicants must be over 18 and willing to undergo an enhanced DBS, or be on the Update Service.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role please contact Beth Morton.
Telephone: 01225 354 651